The Borland-Grannis Co. of Chicago, Illinois produced the Borland Electric from 1903 to 1914. This American Automobile was also known as the Borland-Grannis.
The Borland-Grannis Co.
The Borland was powered by a 80 volt General Electric motor and was shaft driven instead of chain drive like most Electric Automobiles of the day. Top speeds claimed was 22 MPH.
The Borland Electric was an assembled car with parts not manufactured by Borland-Grannis. Parts included a frame made by A. O. Smith Co., front axle made by Liggett Spring and Axle Co., rear axle by Weston Mott Co., Turhill Springs, General Electric controller, Exide battery and a Link Belt Co. chain. A General Electric Controller provides six forward speeds and three reverse.
The $2550.00 1913 Borland Electric Model 52 Roadster had a wheelbase of 96 inches and had a top speed of 35 MPH. This roadster was designed especially for the business and professional man because of its speed, its appearance and general lines of a gas car.
The body of this 1913 Borland Model 60 Limousine was made by carriage and automobile manufacturer C. P. Kimball & Co. maker of the Kimball Electric.
The sudden growth of the automobile business in the early 1900s opened a new field for this coach builder, furnishing bodies and tops for the chassis of other American Automobile makers, such as the Borland Electric.