The Cino was put into production in 1910 by the carriage making firm of Haberer & Company Cincinatti, OH.
All of the major components, including the bodies, were made at the factory and were well made. In order for it to have been able to be driven over the mountaims in the Ohio River region, it had to be a very good hill clinber. Claims of the factory being flooded by the Ohio River that year which destroyed the factory and it was discontinued.
Haberer & Co.
The Haberer & Co. began in 1884 building carriages. It was located in the East End on the block surrounded by Gest, Evans, Summer and Berlin Sts. The first image above shows the plant ca. 1910. By this time the company had converted its facilities into the building car bodies for Ford. The company employed 400 people and was considered the largest commercial body manufacturer in the world. The plant contained 275,000 sq. ft. and produced 150,000 Ford bodies per year. They also still produced carriage wood work and gears.
In 1910 the company experimented with its own automobile called the "Cino", which can be seen in the middle ad above. The 3rd postcard image above shows this car in 1910 running in the Munsey Tour which was 1700 miles long from New York to Washington D. C. thru several eastern states. Production of the Cino did not last long with a flood purportedly being the reason for its demise.
Over the next few years in addition to Ford the company began to build bodies for Chevrolet also. They also shifted from auto bodies to truck bodies. The plant ceased operation around 1940.