The Campbell Motor Car Company was an automobile manufacturer, in business for only one year, from 1918 to 1919.
The Campbell Motor Car Co.
Before 1918 this American Automobile was sold under the name Emerson. The Emerson went into receivership in 1918 and the Campbell by May of 1919. Less than 600 Campbell automobiles were produced.
The Campbell, just like the Emerson was a medium priced medium sized Touring Car with a four cylinder engine rated at 22 horsepower.
The Campbell Motor Car Co. and The Emerson Motors Co. were located in Kingston, NY from 1916 to mid-1919. Edward P. Campbell was owner and his name was on this American Automobile.
The Campbell Motor Car Company was originally called the Emerson Motors Company. But, in 1917, after the company was charged with stock manipulation, Theodore A. Campbell and his brother George renamed the company after themselves. While the car made by the Emerson company was a low $395, the new Campbell, a small, 4-cylinder 22 hp car, cost $835, compared to a Ford Model T Touring Car that cost $360. In May 1919, the company went into receivership. Less than 600 cars were made.