- Spectacular Le Mans Classic event features on international 2018 Jaguar Classic Challenge calendar for pre-1966 Jaguar cars
- First race of five-round 2018 Jaguar Classic Challenge season gets underway at the Donington Historic Festival on 4-6 May
- Brand-new Jaguar Classic Tour and Track Experience combines a visit to Jaguar Land Rover Classic Works with the opportunity to drive a range of classic Jaguars on track
(Ryton-on-Dunsmore, UK — 13 April, 2018) Jaguar Classic has expanded its customer tours and events calendar for 2018, with a range of experiences guaranteed to delight and excite owners, enthusiasts and fans of the Coventry marque.
The Jaguar Classic Challenge returns for its fourth consecutive season, giving owners of pre-1966 race-prepared Jaguar C-types, D-types, E-types, XKs and saloons the opportunity to compete in five 55-60-minute races at prestigious race weekends across the UK and Europe.
The biennial Le Mans Classic event, held on the iconic Circuit de la Sarthe in France – which is whereJaguar scored seven 24-hour race winsbetween 1951 and 1990 – joins the calendar for 2018, alongside the UK-based Donington Historic Festival, Silverstone International Trophy and Oulton Park Gold Cup, plus the Spa Six Hours in Belgium.
Tim Hannig, Jaguar Land Rover Classic Director, said:“The spectacle of a grid full of classic Jaguars racing on circuits around Europe, including Le Mans – which holds a special place in classic Jaguar enthusiasts’ hearts – is a sight not to be missed. We encourage all owners of eligible cars to join this competitive series, which enjoys great camaraderie between participants. We all share a passion for Jaguars and seeing them used as they are intended.”
The return to Le Mans Classic on 6-8 July is especially poignant as 2018 marks the 30th anniversary of the Jaguar XJR-9 LM’s win at the 24-hour race. Current Jaguar Classic Chief Test Driver Andy Wallace took victory in 1988 alongside Jan Lammers and Johnny Dumfries.
2018 JAGUAR CLASSIC CHALLENGE CALENDAR
- 4-6 May: Donington Historic Festival, Leicestershire
- 16-17 June: HSCC Silverstone International Trophy, Northamptonshire
- 6-8 July: Le Mans Classic, Circuit de la Sarthe, France
- 25-27 August: The HSCC Oulton Park Gold Cup, Cheshire
- 14-16 September: Spa Six Hours, Spa Francorchamps, Belgium
For more information, and to register to take part in the 2017 Jaguar Classic Challenge, see www.hscc.org.uk/jaguar-classic-challenge
For those seeking a closer look at the craftsmanship in action at Jaguar Land Rover Classic Works, plus the chance to combine that with driving a range of classic Jaguars on track, the one-day Jaguar Classic Tour and Track Experience isnow available.
Following a tour of the purpose-built new facility in Warwickshire, where activities include Jaguar and Land Rover Reborn restoration and new Jaguar D-type Continuation assembly, as well as servicing for classics including XJ220, and lunch, participants will get to drive E-types, XK150s, Mk2s and XJC V12s from the Jaguar Classic Collection.
Bookings for select dates this summer, priced at £650 per person, can be made on 0333 733 3003, orhttps://www.jaguar.co.uk/classicexperiences.
Gift vouchers and other Jaguar Land Rover Classic experiences are also available, including guided tours of Classic Works from just £49 per person.