The UK’s First Fatal Car Accident

Bridget Driscoll was said to be bewildered by the car’s approach

Everything you need to know about Statutory Off Road Notification SORN

If you’re the registered keeper of a vehicle that’s not being taxed and is kept off the road you must make a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification).

What to do if your vehicle is stolen

If your vehicle is stolen you should report it immediately to the police ... but there are other issues you need to consider

Check your vehicle’s MOT status and history online

You can check if an MOT certificate is legal or if a vehicle has failed an MOT test by doing an MOT check online.

Government Advice on Buying a Car

Buying a used vehicle is serious business. By making you aware of the following advice, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) can help you reduce the risk of buying a stolen vehicle.

Find a Reputable Garage with Motor Industry Codes

We all know how hard it can be to find a decent garage. The phone book and internet search engines are full of garages but how do you tell a reputable garage from a rogue trader?

20 Strange Motoring Rules Abroad to Catch British Drivers Unprepared

If you’re taking your car away with you this year, take time to research the motoring requirements of the place you’re visiting and make sure you purchase the appropriate equipment.

what are you are legally obligated to do if you are in a crash?

The following is taken from the website of Surrey Police with regard to what you are legally obligated to do if you are in a crash

What happens if I'm hit by an uninsured driver?

Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) was established in 1946 to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists. 

What is a Certificate of Destruction?

When a vehicle is scrapped for whatever reason a Certificate of Destruction must be obtained.