The Saxon Motor Car Company was located in Detroit, Michigan, from 1914 to 1922. In 1917 28,000 cars were made making it the seventh largest car maker in the United States.
The first car was a 2-seat runabout with 2-speed transmission and a 4-cylinder engine made by Ferro. 7000 were made in the first year of production. Electric lighting was added as a standard fitting in 1915. A six-cylinder car was added to the range in 1915 followed in 1917 by a Sedan. From 1918 the company got into financial problems and the 4-cylinder models were dropped from the range and the Sedan went as well in 1919.
In 1920 a new model, the Duplex, powered by an overhead-valve, four-cylinder engine joined the six-cylinder model and a sedan body rejoined the range. The six-cylinder cars were no longer listed after 1921 and production had fallen to 2100 cars.
The company moved to Ypsilanti, Michigan, where the cars were made in the Ace car plant, but this could not save the company and the last cars, probably made in 1922, were sold in 1923.
Band leader George Olsen drove a Saxon. Olsen mentions this fact on the first Jack Benny Program, May 2, 1932. Olsen was the bandleader on that show.