The Gaylord was an automobile manufactured in Gaylord, Michigan by the Gaylord Motor Car Company from 1911-12. The 1955-1956 Gaylord two door coupe was am American Automobile that offered luxury car refinements and sports car performance.
The vehicles were built in many different styles, from a convertible four-seater private car, to a utility vehicle with rear space for package or goods. It used a four-cylinder OHV engine of 30/35 hp and was shaft driven.
The final remaining Gaylord, has been fully restored, is owned by, and is on display in the city hall of its namesake, Gaylord, Michigan.
Gaylord Car Ltd. was formed by James and Edward Gaylord. Their father invented the bobby pin and they wanted to built the ultimate personal luxury performance car. The Gaylord was designed by Broke Stevens and German coachbuilder Herman Spohn.