The Radior was a French automobile manufactured from 1920 until 1922.
A few 1592 cc Ballot-engined cars were assembled by one M. Chapolard, a Rochet-Schneider agent inBourg-en-Bresse, and sold under this name.
Brief History of the Marque: Radior
1904 to 1955
Av. de la Gare
The marque used engines from Moser, AMC, NSU, VAP, JAP and Nervor. ( AMC in brief.)
Joseph Chapolard, a smart businessman, started his first business in 1904. The first shop sold and repaired various brands of sewing machine, bicycles, motorcycles and automobiles. He soon created his own brand - Radior - with an assembly plant for cycles and sewing machines. In 1911, he moved to larger premises in Avenue Pierre Sémard opposite the station, with a modern factory at the Pont de Lyon added in 1920.
In 1926, Radior began building motorcycles. His first model, presented at the Paris Salon of that year, had a 175cc Moser engine. By 1927 the range expanded, with 250cc, 350cc and 500cc proposed, with engines from various specialist manufacturers. With the introduction of the new BMA tax class for 100cc machines with pedals, the Radior Radiorette, with an Aubier Dunne engine, became popular. Chapolard and Goubet also started making their own 2-stroke engine under the brand Nervor.
Postwar Radior BMA's featured a variety of proprietary engines: in 1952, Mosquito and Cucciolo engines were used; VAP were fitted in 1953; in 1954 they offered a choice of models, with VAP or Mistral 48cc or the 98cc NSU. VAP motors were used again in 1955. They also made various postwar 125cc and 175cc machines, using their own Nervor engines; these engines were also supplied to other companies such as Hurtu and Manufrance.
In 1954, a 250cc twin 2-stroke called the Bison was introduced . The market at this time was extremely competitive. The Bison was not enough to stave off the company's cashflow problems and, unfortunately, the company went out of business the following year.