Over the years, uShip has been helping clients across the globe find the best auto shipping companies.
The company stands out from the rest because it’s relatively easy to use and gives customers control over price. More importantly, uShip offers a $500 guarantee to cover theft and damages if they occur.
Although the company is known for easy access and mobile tracking features, there are five more things you need to know about uShip. You can also read uship reviews to learn more.
uShip Is Not a Carrier
uShip is an online market platform established in 2003 to connect shipping companies with potential customers. The company has its headquarters in Austin, Texas. Many customers prefer transacting with uShip for the following reasons.
- The platform has a vast shipping network that connects customers with 788,000 carriers.
- It reduces research time for potential customers, allowing them to list their shipments and have independent movers bid for their business.
- Besides vehicle shipping, uShip also helps you ship household items, animals, heavy equipment, and many more.
uShip doesn’t cover cars in its regular insurance. Its coverage is specifically for household items. So if you want to ship with them, you’ll have to do the legwork yourself of verifying if your carrier is insured. However, it has a $500 guarantee for stolen or damaged shipments.
Getting a Quote
It is relatively easy to get a quote from uShip’s website. First, visit the company’s quote tool, which will ask you some basic questions such as your car’s model and year of manufacture and your destination.
After filling the form, uShip will connect you with its network of carriers. Any potential shipper will then email you their quotes requesting to offer their services.
Here are the factors that determine the shipping price for your vehicle:
- The precise pickup and drop-off location
- The size and model of the car
- If the car is functional or not
- The time of year
- How quickly the customer needs the car transported
Instead of referring you back to the uShip calculator, this guide shows a range of their prices.
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
uShip Vehicle Shipping Services
uShip allows customers to list their cars, select the company they want, and then coordinate the shipping process through the contacts accessible on the uShip platform. Below are the shipping services to expect:
- Open transport: It’s the cheapest option. However, your car is exposed to bad weather and debris when being transported.
- Enclosed shipping: It’s costlier as it protects the vehicle from bad weather conditions and dirt.
- Home delivery service: Your vehicle is dropped to the closest area of your home.
- Terminal to terminal transport: Ensures the car is shipped to particular terminals instead of your home or workplace.
- Car-hauling service: Transports your vehicle together with others to reduce shipping costs.
- Single-car shipping: You can choose between an open or a closed trailer.
- Expedited car shipping service: This begins 24 to 48 hours after placing your order.
Note that uShip doesn’t vet its network of carriers thoroughly. The platform doesn’t require the shippers to provide Department of Transportation numbers or any insurance registration numbers. Therefore, it is up to you to thoroughly vet the carrier of your choice to avoid inconveniences.
The Bottom Line
The company has been in the shipping space since 2003, and therefore it has proven industry experience. You don’t have to call carrier services one after another; uShip can connect you to its vast network of carriers.