- Due to unprecedented customer demand, Citroën is pleased to announce that Citroën AMI will launch in the UK during spring 2022.
- More than 12,000 UK customers have already registered their interest in this exciting new vehicle.
- With the introduction of AMI, Citroën UK accelerates its quest to deliver affordable and clean mobility solutions that are accessible to all.
- The all-electric Citroën AMI addresses future urban mobility needs and boasts a zero-emissions range of up to 46 miles.
- UK versions of AMI will remain left-hand drive – allowing the driver the benefit of exiting the vehicle kerbside when parking at the roadside in city centres.
- A full UK driving licence will be required to drive Citroën AMI in the UK, as with traditional passenger cars.
- AMI has already impressed many industry experts, having won prizes in the GQ Car Awards 2021 and the Auto Express New Car Awards 2021.
- From today (Wednesday 22 September), over 12,000 customers who previously registered their interest on the Citroën.co.uk website will be able to secure their AMI with a £250 refundable reservation fee.
- From Monday 27 September the reservation system will be open to everyone.
- To find out more about Citroën AMI in the UK, please click the following link
Since making its debut in 2020, Citroën AMI has been turning heads around the world – not least here in the UK.
Much to the delight of a large and growing number of UK customers, the Citroën brand is now able to announce that the zero-emissions AMI will officially launch here in the spring of 2022.
From today, the first 12,000 customers who have already registered their interest online are invited to join the queue to secure their AMI with a £250 refundable reservation fee. From Monday 27 September the reservation system will be open to everyone.
All customers are reminded that AMI will be adapted for the UK market, but will remain left-hand drive. One significant benefit of AMIs left-hand drive configuration when being driven in the UK, is that it will allow for a kerbside exit from the vehicle for the driver when parking at the roadside in a city centre. For anyone driving AMI in the UK, a full UK driving licence is required as with a traditional passenger car.
A true breakthrough from Citroën, AMI is a daring response to the challenges faced in today’s cities and urban environments. As a 100% electric vehicle, AMI emits zero-emissions in use and has a 5.5kWh battery that recharges in just three hours. With a range of 46 miles and a top speed of 28mph, AMI is a modern solution that delivers on Citroën’s promise to provide affordable and clean mobility solutions for all.
Since it was first revealed in February 2020, Citroën AMI has received significant interest from UK buyers and national media alike. The vehicle continues to receive widespread acclaim from industry experts, taking home the ‘Microcar of the Year’ title in the GQ Car Awards 2021 and the ‘Technology Award’ in the Auto Express New Car Awards 2021.
AMI’s zero-emission credentials ensure it is exempt from Congestion and Ultra-low Emissions Zone (ULEZ) charges. With London’s ULEZ due to be extended in October 2021, and other cities looking to introduce similar measures, AMI is a ‘future-proof’ solution to mobility concerns in many UK cities.
With a length of only 2.41m and an incredibly tight turning circle, Citroën AMI is compact and agile, providing an easy solution for navigating busy streets and fitting into narrow parking spaces. The undeniably quirky Citroën AMI has space for the driver, a passenger and one small item if luggage, with the heated interior bathed in light thanks to the model’s panoramic glass sunroof. In a nostalgic nod the iconic Citroën 2CV, the manual side windows of AMI can be opened by flipping the glass upwards into a fixed raised position. Buyers have access to a wide range of personalisation options, thanks to colourful accessory packs and additions that allow each owner to make their Citroën AMI truly unique.
Eurig Druce, Managing Director of Citroën UK, said: “I am absolutely delighted to announce that Citroën AMI is launching in the UK. With cities and urban areas introducing stricter limits for vehicles, and people demanding new mobility solutions, AMI shows once again how Citroën is adapting to meet the demands of the times. Citroën AMI is a new all-electric mobility solution for the UK that’s totally unique – fun, exciting and accessible to all.
“After thousands of UK buyers have already registered their interest in Citroën AMI, we are very excited to confirm that the AMI will arrive in the country in spring 2022.”
Citroën AMI is the latest vehicle available to UK drivers within Citroën’s ever-growing electrified vehicle range. Models already in UK showrooms include the all-electric New ë-C4 hatchback and ë-SpaceTourer MPV, plus C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid. By 2025, Citroën will offer an electrified variant across its entire model line-up.
UK pricing and supply arrangements will be communicated in due course.
To find out more about Citroën AMI in the UK, please click the following link