- World-first allows Alfa Romeo Stelvio drivers to experience the colour and beauty of Italy from their own car
- Cutting-edge electrochromic glass alters perception of the outside world
- Italian engineers studied iconic locations to accurately replicate the ambient hues and temperatures
- Nuova Luce® technology can be activated through Alfa Romeo Stelvio infotainment screen
Drivers of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio will still be able to enjoy a taste of travel this year thanks to an Instagram-inspired filter window technology that ‘transports’ drivers and passengers to some of Italy’s most iconic and beautiful locations.
With Brits currently unable to travel abroad, the world first technology offers a glimpse of what holidaymakers have been missing over the last 12 months.
Available from today, the technology will also be a standard feature on all new Stelvio models purchased throughout the period that Brits are unable to travel abroad.
The ingenious feature, Nuova Luce® – or New Light – can simply be activated via the car’s infotainment system, through a dedicated widget.
Once initiated, the driver or front-seat passenger can choose a filter to be applied to the front and passenger windows using ground-breaking electrochromic glass technology.
Instantly the filters replace the flat light and dreary weather they are likely experiencing through the car’s windows with one of the five vibrant, life-affirming ambiances almost teleporting drivers and passengers to a place previously reserved for those fortunate enough to be in Italy.
The five filters are inspired by some of the most well-known Italian locations sought after by UK tourists. They are:
- ‘Roma’ – sunset hues with soft yellows and reds
- ‘Milano’ – the bright, crisp light of the Duomo
- ‘Torino’ – a peachy pallet, invoking the ancient architecture
- ‘Como’ – the rich blues and greens of sunlit water
- ‘Cinque Terre’ – the bold, high contrast colours of the Amalfi Coast
These filters weren’t just concocted behind an Alfa Romeo engineer’s desk. Its Ambient Lighting Team spent three weeks at each beauty spot using state-of-the-art lighting technology to ensure an accurate match between the filters and the colours of the locations.
“Nuova Luce® is an evolution of the widely available auto-dimming mirror technology,” said Head of Ambient Lighting Phil Terre, who led the special project.
“We know people up and down the country are desperate to go overseas. We’re hopeful that while it’s no replacement for the real thing, this world first technology brings a taste of Italy to the UK for Stelvio drivers.”
To find out more about the Nuova Luce® technology visit www.alfaromeo.co.uk.