An Automobile museum is a museum that explores the history of automotive related transportation.
- Bold - Automobile museums owned by automobile manufacturers
- Italics - no longer open to public access, excludes private or invitation only collections that was never intended for public access
- Beijing Classic Car Museum
- Beijing Auto Museum
- Grand Prix Museum, Macau
- Shanghai Auto Museum
- Hino Auto Plaza (Hino Motors), Hachiōji, Tokyo
- Historic Car Gallery, Dachi, Toki, Gifu
- Honda Collection Hall (Honda), Motegi, Tochigi
- Humobility World (Daihatsu), Ikeda, Osaka *pre-reservation required
- Maehara 20th, Kiryū, Gunma
- Matsuda Collection
- Mazda Museum (Mazda), Hiroshima, Hiroshima *pre-reservation required
- Mitsubishi Auto Gallery (Mitsubishi Motors), Okazaki, Aichi *pre-reservation required
- Motorcar Museum of Japan, Komatsu, Ishikawa
- Il Museo della Cinquecento, Tsuruoka, Yamagata
- Nissan Engine Museum (Nissan), Yokohama, Kanagawa
- Nissan Heritage Collection (Nissan), Zama, Kanagawa *pre-reservation required
- Prince & Skyline Museum , Okaya, Nagano
- Shikoku Motor Car Museum, Kōnan, Kōchi
- Suzuki Plaza (Suzuki), Hamamatsu, Shizuoka *pre-reservation required
- Toyota Automobile Museum (Toyota), Nagakute, Aichi
- Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology (Toyota), Nagoya, Aichi
- Toyota Kuragaike Commemorative Hall (Toyota), Toyota, Aichi
- Yamaha Communication Plaza (Yamaha Motor Company), Iwata, Shizuoka
- Wakui Museum, Kazo, Saitama
- Renault Samsung Motors Gallery (Renault Samsung Motors)
- Hyundai Kia R&D Museum (Hyundai Motor Group)
- Samsung Transportation Museum (Samsung Fire&Marine Insurance Co. LTD)
- Hyundai Motorstudio Seoul (Hyundai Motor Group)
- Sudha Cars Museum
- Cyprus Historic & Classic Motor Museum[non-primary source needed]
- Tbilisi Auto Museum
- National Car Museum of Iran
- Tefen Car Collection, Tefen
- Ralex Automobile museum, Ashdod
- Historical, Vintage, and Classical Cars Museum
- Key Classic Car Museum, Torbalı, Izmir,
- Rahmi M. Koç Museum, Hasköy, Istanbul,
- Sabri Artam Classic Car Museum, Çengelköy, Istanbul,
- Tofaş Museum of Cars and Anatolian Carriages, Bursa,
- Ural Ataman Classic Car Museum, Tarabya, Istanbul,
United Arab Emirates
- Al Ain Classic Car Museum
- Emirates National Auto Museum
- Retro-Museum, Varna shopping centre
- Škoda Auto Museum (Škoda Auto)
- Tatra Muzeum, Kopřivnice
- Muzeum Inżynierii Miejskiej w Krakowie
- Tiriac Collection, Bucharest
- AvtoVAZ Museum, (Lada), Tolyatti
- Retro auto museum, Moscow
- Lomakov`s old-timers cars and motorcycles Museum, Moscow
- Autoville, Moscow
- First Private Museum of Retro and Military Vehicles, Moscow
- Vintage cars museum, Saint Petersburg
- Retro cars museum, Vyborg
- Retro cars museum, Zelenogorsk
- Retro cars museum, Yekaterinburg
- UMMC auto museum, Verkhnyaya Pyshma (Yekaterinburg)
- AvtoZAZ Museum (ZAZ), Zaporizhia
- Automuuseum, Halinga
- Mobilia, Kangasala
- Riga Motor Museum
- Saab Car Museum (Saab)
- Göran Karlsson's Motor Museum
- Marcus Wallenberg-hallen (Scania)
- Motala Motor Museum
- Volvo Museum (Volvo)
- Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum
- British Commercial Vehicle Museum
- British Motor Museum
- Brooklands Museum
- Bubble Car Museum, Langrick, Boston, England
- Cars of the Stars Motor Museum
- Cotswold Motoring Museum
- Coventry Transport Museum
- Donington Grand Prix Exhibition
- Haynes International Motor Museum
- Ipswich Transport Museum
- Lakeland Motor Museum
- London Motor Museum
- Mercedes-Benz World (Daimler AG)
- National Motor Museum, Beaulieu
- Oxford Bus Museum
- Myreton Motor Museum
- Pembrokeshire Motor Museum
- Ferdinand Budicki Automobile Museum
- Hellenic Motor Museum
- Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari (Ferrari)
- Museo Ferrari (Ferrari)
- Museo Ferruccio Lamborghini (Lamborghini)
- Museo Lamborghini (Lamborghini)
- Museo Nazionale dell'Automobile
- Museo Storico Alfa Romeo (Alfa Romeo)
- Museo Mille Miglia
- Museo Vincenzo Lancia
- Museo Lancia (Lancia)
- Centro storico Fiat (Fiat)
- Museo Targa Florio
- Museo Nicolis
- Maranello Rosso (Ferrari and Abarth)
- Muzej automobila, Belgrade
- Museo Automovilístico de Málaga
- Museo de Historia de la Automoción de Salamanca
- Museo de Coches Clásicos y Antiguos Torre Loizaga (Galdames)
- Rolls-Royce Museum
- Automobilmuseum Aspang
- Cité de l'automobile - Musée national - Collection Schlumpf
- Renault Classic (Renault)
- Musée de l'Aventure Peugeot (Peugeot)
- Conservatoire Citroën (in French) (Citroën)
- Musée des 24 Heures du Mans
- Musée national de la Voiture et du Tourisme - Château de Compiègne
- Musée automobile Reims Champagne
- August Horch Museum Zwickau (Audi)
- Automobile welt eisenach
- Automuseum Dr. Carl Benz
- Autosammlung Steim
- Autostadt (Volkswagen Group)
- BMW Museum (BMW)
- Mercedes-Benz Museum (Daimler AG)
- Museum Autovision
- Museum for Historical Maybach Vehicles
- museum mobile (Audi)
- Porsche Museum (Porsche)
- Sinsheim Auto & Technik Museum
- Technikmuseum Speyer
- Prototyp - Personen.Kraft.Wagen in Hamburg
- PS Speicher
- EFA-Museum für Deutsche Automobilgeschichte
- Rosso Bianco Collection
- Monaco Top Cars Collection, Fontvieille, Monaco
- Louwman Museum
- Swiss Transport Museum
- Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Martigny
- Canadian Automotive Museum
- Manitoba Antique Automobile Museum
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum
- Cayman Motor Museum
Eastern United States
- AACA Museum, Hershey, Pennsylvania. 90 cars on display. Named as one of the 12 car museums worth a detour by MSNBC.
- America On Wheels, Allentown, Pennsylvania. 75 cars, trucks & motorcycles.
- Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum, Madison, Georgia. This museum has closed and the cars sold.
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce-Arrow Museum, Buffalo NY. Features a Frank Lloyd Wright gas station.
- Champlain Valley Transportation Museum, Plattsburg, NY. 25 cars plus model trains.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, Bangor, ME. Anything with wheels. Open in summer only.
- Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Features the largest collection of Packard Cars and historical memorabilia from 1900 and on. https://www.antiquecarmuseum.net/
- Frick Car & Carriage Museum, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum, Brookline, MA. Eclectic collection of cars, motorcycles and artifacts.
- Memory Lane Motorsports & Historic Auto Museum, Mooresville, NC. Specializes in motor sports.
- Miami Auto Museum at the Dezer Collection, North Miami, FL. 200 cars and other vehicles.
- Muscle Car City, Punta Gorda, FL. 200 GM muscle cars. Named as one of the 12 car museums worth a detour by MSNBC.
- Northeast Classic Car Museum, Norwich, New York. 160 cars.
- Old Spokes Auto Museum, New Smithville, PA. Small collection of mostly Hudsons.
- Owls Head Transportation Museum, Owls Head, Maine. 50 cars from 1885-1940, plus airplanes, motorcycles and other forms of transportation. Named as one of the 12 car museums worth a detour by MSNBC.
- Saratoga Automobile Museum, Saratoga Springs, NY. Cars and artifacts.
- Seal Cove Auto Museum, Seal Cove, Maine. 50 cars and motorcycles from 1895-1917.
- Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, Philadelphia, PA. 65 racing sports cars. Named one of America’s best car museums by Autoweek and Jalopnik.
- Tallahassee Automotive Museum, Tallahassee, FL. 130 cars plus a wide variety of other collectibles.
- Tampa Bay Automobile Museum, Pinellas Park, Florida. 58 cars.
- The William E. Swigart, Jr. Antique Automobile Museum, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. 35 cars on display.
Central United States
- America’s Packard Museum (The Citizens Motorcar Co.), Dayton OH. 60 Packards.
- Antique Car Museum of Iowa, Coralville, IA. 90 cars.
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Auburn, Indiana. 120 cars on display. Named one of America’s greatest car museums by Autoweek.
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, AL. 50 Lotus race cars, large motorcycle collection.
- Beller Museum, Romeoville IL. 70 cars, mostly from 1928-33. Not open to the public.
- British Transportation Museum, Dayton OH. 30 British cars. Not open in 2015 because moving locations.
- Canton Classic Car Museum, Canton, OH. 40 cars.
- City Garage Car Museum, Greeneville, TN. 40 cars.
- Classic Car Collection, Kearney, NE. 200 cars.
- Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, Cleveland, Ohio. About 90 cars, mostly horseless carriages. Named as one of the 12 car museums worth a detour by MSNBC.
- Dick's Classic Garage Car Museum, San Marcos, TX. 80 cars.
- Dream Car Museum, Evansville, Indiana. About 60 cars.
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, Detroit, Michigan. Birthplace of the Ford Model T and the oldest car factory building on Earth open to the general public (built 1904).
- Four States Auto Museum, Texarkana, Arkansas. About 20 vehicles including motorcycles. 217 Laurel Street, Texarkana, AR 71854. Open Saturdays from 10am - 4pm, Sundays 1pm - 4pm, Special Tours May Be Arranged - Please Call:(870) 772-2886
- Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, Michigan. 300 vehicles.
- GM Heritage Center, Sterling Heights, Michigan. 600 GM cars. Not open to the public
- Hemken Collection, Williams IA. 50 cars. Open Wednesdays and Fridays, May–October.
- Henry Ford Museum (Ford Motor Company), Dearborn, Michigan. Cars, artifacts, historical displays. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC, Autoweek and Edmunds.
- Hostetler’s Hudson Auto Museum, Shipshewana IN. Named as one of the most interesting car museums in the country by Popular Mechanics.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, Speedway, Indiana. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC and Autoweek.
- Kansas City Automotive Museum, Olathe, KS. 40 cars.
- Kokomo Automotive Museum, Kokomo, IN. 100 cars plus memorabilia.
- Lane Motor Museum, Nashville, Tennessee. 300 cars. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC, Jalopnik, and Popular Mechanics.
- National Automotive & Truck Museum, Auburn, IN. Adjacent to the better-known Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum.
- National Corvette Museum, Bowling Green, Kentucky. 70 cars. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC and Edmunds.
- National Packard Museum, Warren, OH. 40 Packards.
- Pioneer Village, Minden, NE 350 Cars Including the Oldest Buick in existence
- Pontiac-Oakland Museum & Resource Center, Pontiac, IL. Cars and memorabilia.
- R. E. Olds Transportation Museum, Lansing, MI. 60 REOs and Oldsmobiles.
- Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed, Lincoln, NE. Gearhead Nirvana.
- Stahls Automotive Foundation, Chesterfield, MI. 80 cars, mostly from the 1930s and 40s. Open Tuesdays.
- Studebaker National Museum, South Bend, Indiana. Historic Studebakers, Packards and artifacts. Named one of the best car museums in the country by Edmunds and Popular Mechanics.
- Tupelo Automobile Museum, Tupelo, Mississippi. 100 cars.
- Vehicle Vault Auto Gallery, Parker, CO. 50 Cars. Family Owned Collection. Open to the public.
- Volo Auto Museum, Volo, IL. 50 cars, eclectic collection. Named one of the most interesting car museums in the country by Popular Mechanics.Popular Mechanics.
- Walter P. Chrysler Museum (Chrysler Group), Auburn Hills, Michigan. Not open to the public. Named one of the best car museums in the country by Autoweek.
- Wheels O' Time Museum, Peoria, IL. Eclectic local historical displays.
- Wills Sainte Claire Auto Museum, Marysville, MI. 10 Wills cars. Open 2nd Sundays only.
- Wisconsin Automotive Museum, Hartford, WI. 105 cars.
- Ypsilanti Auto Heritage Museum, Ypsilanti, MI. Features Hudson, Tucker, Kaiser-Frazer and Corvair.
Western United States
- Academy of Art University Automobile Museum. Located in San Francisco, California on the campus of Academy of Art University with a Forbes estimated car value of $70 million.
- Allen Unique Autos, Grand Junction, CO. Private collection of Tammy Allen. Closed and all cars sold at 2016 Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas.
- America's Car Museum, Tacoma, Washington. 350 cars.
- The Auto Collections, Las Vegas NV. Rotating collection of 300 cars.
- Automobile Driving Museum, El Segundo, California. 130 cars.
- Blackhawk Automotive Museum, Danville CA. 50 cars. Named one of America’s greatest car museums by Autoweek.
- California Automobile Museum, Sacramento, California. 150 cars.
- Cussler Museum, Arvada, CO. 100 cars, open in summer only.
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, Fairbanks Alaska. 80 vehicles. Named as one of the 12 car museums worth a detour by MSNBC.
- The Franklin Auto Museum, Tucson AZ. Collection of Franklin cars.
- Gateway Auto Museum, Gateway, CO. 50 cars.
- J.A. Cooley Museum, San Diego. 20 cars plus memorabilia.
- LeMay Family Collection, Tacoma, WA. 500 cars plus other vehicles and automotive artifacts.
- Marconi Automotive Museum, Tustin, CA. Private collection open to public that houses approximately 75 rare and exotic automobiles including Ferrari and Lamborghini.
- Martin Auto Museum, Phoenix, AZ. Small private collection open to public.
- Mullin Automotive Museum, Oxnard, California. Collection of art deco French cars. Open only 10 Saturdays a year, but also open on most Tuesdays and Thursdays for semi-private tours. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC, Autoweek, and Jalopnik.
- Murphy Auto Museum, Oxnard, CA. 60 cars plus model trains.
- Museum of Automobiles, Morrilton, AR. 50 cars.
- National Automobile Museum, Reno, Nevada. 200 cars. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC, Autoweek, and Edmunds.
- The Nethercutt Collection, Sylmar CA. 250 cars. Named one of America’s greatest car museums by Autoweek.
- Nostalgia Street Rods, Goldstrom's Automobile Collection, Las Vegas, NV. 75+ cars plus memorabilia
- Penske Racing Museum, Scottsdale, Arizona. Racing cars and artifacts.
- Petersen Automotive Museum, Los Angeles, California. Large collection of cars, other vehicles and artifacts. Named as one of the best car museums in the country by MSNBC, Autoweek, and Edmunds.
- San Diego Automotive Museum, San Diego, CA. Cars and motocycles.
- Toyota USA Automobile Museum (Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.), Torrance, California. Not generally open to the public.
- Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum, Hood River, Oregon. 130 cars plus large collection of antique planes.
- Woodland Auto Display, Paso Robles, California. Focus is on motor sports.
- Ford Discovery Centre
- Motor Museum of Western Australia
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania
- National Motor Museum, Birdwood
- National Military Vehicle Museum
- National Road Transport Hall of Fame
- The Australian Motorlife Museum
- Gosford Classic Car Museum
- Qld Motorsport Museum, Ipswich. "A diverse array of Road & Race - Cars & Bikes - includes a specific speedway section"
- Museum of Transport and Technology
- Southward Car Museum
- Bill Richardson Transport World
- World of Wearable Art
- Museo Juan Manuel Fangio
- Museu do Automóvel do Ceará
- Museu do Automóvel de Curitiba